Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Sound of No Coach Coaching

I shan't be off to the salle tonight for various reasons; this always stresses me out slightly as I feel that I kind of have a duty to be there. I suppose this is pretty illogical really but that's the way I am. I always find myself wondering what will happen if I don't turn up; will there be chaos and disaster? I suspect that in reality the salle will trip along quite nicely and everyone will have a pleasant evening. It's possible that the vacuum will provide another coach an opportunity to have a go... maybe one of my students will fill the breach? (Or maybe not!) I hope that it will give someone the opportunity to take the initiative. That's the best option for me; if my students just get on with it and take their destiny into their own hands for an evening, demonstrating some autonomy and maturity. Perhaps they will flock to this blog to see what might be my latest post for clues (If so, the secret phrase for proof of your research next week is "The badger flies south for the winter..." So maybe having an evening without a coach is not a bad thing; chances are that I'll never know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I have a video for you

Thu Aug 21, 04:29:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dave said...

Rob, cryptic... very cryptic. I await developments and assume you haven't found a bootleg version of Kung Fu Panda....

Mon Aug 25, 07:25:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Rob said...

Ha! Close, but actually if you click on my name then you can watch me fencing Abby at the U18 shebang.

Sun Aug 31, 04:07:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting. If only others were so driven!

Sun Sep 21, 07:20:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home