Thursday, August 07, 2008

A catalogue of disasters...

Last night at the Salle I was the victim of three terrible errors.
Error One actually occurred last week when I left my gear in my bag after a particularly strenuous session of fencing. The results of this error were discovered when I opened my bag last night only to discover an aroma something akin to a dead badger wafting from it's depths.
Error Two was my half hearted attempt to mask this aroma with a liberal spraying of Lynk deodorant. Rather than making me irresistible to the Ladies as suggested by their adverts it simply served to make me smell like a dead badger wearing Lynx.
Error Three was discovered when I put my mask on for the first time; Don't leave smelly plastrons stuffed up in your mask for a week.
All of these errrors were compounded by the fact that my Coach then wanted to teach a lesson which involved me having to assume the position of prime. i.e. right arm cocked back and over my head. Lovely.
One thing this taught me is that being prepared also extends to what happens after you fence!

PS I know this wasn't the most serious of posts but the last one was pretty heavy so I thought I'd lighten the mood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home