Friday, August 07, 2009

Down Time

I am soon to be off for a bit of a break but before I go I thought I'd post something around the need for reflection and relaxation. It is vital sometimes to have time to reflect and assimilate experiences you have gone through in fencing, sport and life in general but unfortunately we live in a busy world which can make this difficult. Real learning cannot occur until the brain has had time to digest the lessons and information it has received. Similarly, the body cannot fully recuperate from strenuous development unless it has time as muscles need time to adapt to new workloads and exercise rates. I intend to spend some time reading and relaxing but also thinking. I feel that I am always too short of time to consider where my coaching is at, where I want it to go and how I want to do it. I have a lot of ideas that I want to put into effect but it always just eludes me. Hopefully a break will give that creative side of me some space to shake off work and think about my other life for a change!
Cheerio for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home