Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fencing can cure headaches!!

Last night I went to the salle feeling absolutely exhausted. I'd been hosting a conference for 260+ people for the previous two days and also had also delivered a three hour lecture that afternoon so was feeling pretty drained. My head felt stuffed with cotton wool. It was only when I got out on the piste and began to fence that it finally cleared. I'm not saying that fencing is the cure for all ills but it certainly brought me back to the present and freed my mind from fatigue. OK, I got hit hard in the groin at one point, which does tend to focus one slightly but it was the fun of getting out there and trying some techniques that really did it.
I think that is one of the major appeals of fencing; it's not just physical exercise but a mental challenge as well. Long may it so continue!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home