Saturday, March 24, 2007

Learning my own lessons....

Today was the last lesson at NAF before the Easter break and as is traditional, we split the club into two teams with the team with the most points at the end of the morning getting a small prize. I wandered around observing the fights before eventually being cajoled into fencing a few bouts. One of my Wednesday night students took up my challenge and as I got into the on guard position I was feeling pretty relaxed and laid back in and end of term kind of fashion...
Bang!!!
My student came out of the blocks like a sprinter! I was completely taken aback as she launched several strong attacks and felt my brain struggling to catch up with the ferocity of her onslaught. I had made a classic error in under-estimating the situation and my opponent, something I am always telling my students not to do! In the end I managed to claw a few points back but did lose and quite rightly so. I secretly felt quite pleased that my student had shown that sort of aggressive attitude but it was also a reminder that it's very easy to give advice but not so easy to follow it at times!
Well done Abby for reminding me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home