Thursday, February 10, 2011

Distraction Techniques

I have often posted regarding historical uses of distraction techniques in a fight such as Musashi arriving late for his first two duels with the Yoshioka School, then early for the final one. Also, he employed the tardy technique in his duel with Kojiro, enraging his opponent out of his equilibrium and into defeat and death. Last night I was confronted with a distraction technique the like of which I'm sure Musashi would never have encountered and would have struggled with. Something so shocking that it nearly put me off for the first couple of exchanges in the fight. Just after the salute and before we came on guard my opponent, to use the vernacular of the street, 'shook her booty at me'.* It was obviously done in jest and she did subsequently apologise but it just goes to show there's always something in fencing that will give you a surprise lesson........ I'm not saying I would have won otherwise but there was only two points in it at the end! It's not a strategy I will be trying though..... ;o)




* Yes, I am down with the kids.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home