Thursday, March 05, 2009

A picture never lies...

Last night for a number of unlikely reasons I ended up getting photographed at fencing for an art project. It was an interesting experience, not least because I was able to check the camera out and get instant feedback on my fencing. I was horrified to discover that I wasn't bending my legs as far as I thought! Dun-dun-duhhhh! This was actually quite sobering as I am so used to banging on about bent legs that I had forgotten to check my own. (Difficult to do when fencing). I had obviously got into that not quite-fully-bent-leg-stance that coaches can adopt. Luckily this photographic revelation will allow me to work on this discrepancy; I believe in practicing what I preach after all. It made me think that perhaps we should all get some visual or verbal feedback more often as it's very easy as a coach to slip into bad habits. It wasn't the end of the world but it was a useful lesson.
I also found out that it is difficult 'putting on a war face' for a portrait when your Coach is clowning around in the background. Such jealousy.....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home