Saturday, December 06, 2008

The fire still burns...

It was end of term Fun Day at the club today and we indulged in our usual free for all of two teams trying to score the most points. As is customary the coaches waded in and accepted challenges from the students. We weren't there to score victories, more as a chance for the students to have a go. It left me a little breathless after three challenges in a row and I was watching from the sidelines as Andy, my Coach and the Fencing Master of the Club engaged in a sabre match with one of our youngsters. It's unusual for Andy to fence much, but I couldn't help but exchange a knowing grin with him when one of his cuts landed just as he'd planned and he let out a cry of triumph. It's good to know that the flame still burns although with myself and Andy it's no longer about winning; more about carrying something out just as you'd planned it. It's a satisfying feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home