Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back in the groove

I was back at the Salle this Saturday morning as the new term has kicked off and it was a pleasure to be there. Admittedly last week was technically the first week back but the first morning after the school holidays is always a bit disjointed. Today seemed a lot more joined up and I was very pleased with the fencing I presided over. There was a lot of good stuff going on and it's always nice for a coach to see people really thinking about what they are doing. It's fascinating for me seeing the different tactics and techniques being exhibited and wondering if the fencers are picking up on the same things. It's a bit like watching sport; you always seem to see the blindingly obvious things that the players miss. Third party perspective is very useful at times and it pays to imagine that you are watching yourself in action as sometimes it will give clues as to what's going right and wrong. You've got to use it at the right time though; this week I was giving a leadership presentation to my team and I suddenly flipped into 3rd party mode and wondered "where are all these words coming from?" and nearly put myself right off! Too much analysis can be dangerous I guess!
Anyway, I'm off for a holiday for the next ten days. I will be back at the usual haunts when I return. See you then, dear readers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home