Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Speed of Youth

In keeping with my previous post on the 'theory of relativity' I recently encountered another physical fencing law that seemed unbreakable; the speed of youth. This seems to be a cosmological constant that is somewhere between 'ambling' and 'dawdling' and appears to be the default speed of young fencers between the ages of thirteen and fifteen who are moving between warm up exercises. I wish I knew how to increase the speed but I fear it may be a permanent feature of the universe! There is an opposing force however, the 'strong under twelve force' which suggests you can never predict the speed of a fencer aged between eight and twelve, except to say it will be somewhere between 'rapid' and 'lightning' particularly if they are carrying a foil over their shoulder...... Ah, the joys of coaching youngsters! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home